Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - Taco Soup

At the request of some of my Facebook friends, today’s recipe is Taco Soup. There are several versions of this out there so you may already have something similar in your recipe box. I can’t exactly claim this one to be from my family archives but I can say that it is a current family favorite. Easy to put together and a fast fix after work. Of course crackers are always good with soup but we like to switch things up a bit and substitute tortilla chips or corn chips. Some of the more adventurous even add grated cheese and sour cream. Whatever floats your boat….or fills up your soup bowl!


Taco Soup


Ingredients:

2 lb. ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning * 
1 ½ cups water (I add a bit more ‘cause I like lots of broth!)
1 15 oz can mild chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
1 can pinto beans
1 can stewed tomatoes
1 can Rotel (I use the mild, but use original if you like your stuff spicier)
1 envelope Ranch salad dressing

Brown ground beef and drain off excess grease. Put beef and remaining ingredients in a large dutch oven, stir to mix well and bring to boil at medium high. Reduce heat to simmer and allow to simmer for 30-45 minutes.

*I recently found a recipe for homemade seasoning. I'll post it in a day or so once I track down the source so I can give proper credit!

Hmmm….no blast from the past memories with this one. (Guess we are making tomorrow’s memories.) Who knows, perhaps one of my grandchildren will one day share their memories about our family times triggered by a steaming bowl of Taco Soup!


Hugs and Happy cooking,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative