Saturday, November 27, 2010

It is what it is...

Such is life.
This too will pass.
It is what it is.

All phrases I've heard and/or used to describe life. All basically saying that there are some things in life we can't change but simply have to walk through them. Circumstances that are outside our realm of control.

A well known Christian leader talked about this subject in her message this week. It was a timely reminder for me. A reminder to keep my focus on God and not on the circumstance that seems to be a mountain in my path. A reminder to live out the familiar 'Serenity Prayer'.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change...
courage to change the things I can...
and wisdom to know the difference.

To keep on keeping on. To run the race He has set before me and to be faithful. To leave with Him those things that only He can change. To trust Him with my everyday.

...and to be strong and couragous, boldly stepping out to change what I can change.

     Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you. Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.  Hebrews 10:35-36  (NLT)

Hugs,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative