Saturday, October 3, 2009

Idols - Not Just American

Idol: Anything we put before God in our lives.

I've read devotions about it. Heard sermons about it. Beth Moore talked about it in her "Living Proof Live" simulcast in August. Then during our revival a couple of weeks ago, there it was again.

I know that God is really trying to get my attention when the same subject/Scripture/issue keeps coming up from varying sources. Usually it means that I need to search my life to see how it applies to me. Most of the time I don't need to search long because God is really good about revealing my areas that need working on.

Girlfriends, this whole idol thing covers a lot of area. Did you, like me, check off multiple descriptions on the revival handout covering 'love of self, love of pleasure, love of money, and love of ? Now I confess that for a moment I thought, 'Hey, not too bad. There are more unchecked than checked.' God didn't let me get away with that for very long - actually I think it was less than a nano second before I heard Him say, 'Even one is too many.'

So this is where I am parked for a few days. Really looking at the ways my life bears out the truth in my heart. Asking Him to quickly convict me when my attitudes, thoughts, and actions are born from love of anything or any one but Him. Easy? NO!! Worth it? Oh, yes!

We were created by Him and for Him, for His glory. For that to happen it must be...

...less of me and more of Him. That is the process of being conformed to the image of Christ. As His follower, what else could I want?



Hugs,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative