Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Tasty Tuesday - For Peanut Butter Lovers

I know, I know...it's not Tuesday. I had this week's recipe saved in a file, everything ready to copy and paste, add a few comments and send it out to the bloggy world before leaving for work yesterday.

And then...it was one of those days. First, I discovered there was no hot water. Big bummer! After finding it was not as simple as throwing a breaker or hitting a reset button, I survived a lukewarm shower and got ready for work. Having very few minutes left to get to work on time, I scurried into my home office to do the whole copy, paste, send thing...

No electricity to any outlet in the room. That 'big bummer' comment? Let's just say it was being said boldly and in all caps at that moment.

I won't bore you with details but bottom line it is now Wednesday night and there is still no hot water. Outlet problem was temporarily resolved this evening but the computer has been VERY cranky. As in this is the second time I've tried to compose this post. The first one disappeared into cyber space.

There is my novel length explanation for the posting delay. (I had a teacher once that said my reports were always more like a granny dress than a mini skirt. Only those of you who were in high school when both styles were popular at the same time will understand his drift!)

In spite of the difficulties I've experienced the past few days, I am excited to share this absolutely delicious recipe. If you like quick and easy dessert recipes, this fits the bill. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Pie
(from my best friend Kae’s recipe file)


Ingredients:

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter
2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons milk
6 oz. Cool Whip
1 graham cracker pie crust

Place cream cheese and sugar in bowl. Beat at low speed until just blended and then at medium speed until fluffy. Add peanut butter, continue mixing until well blended. Then add milk and Cool Whip. Mix at low speed until well blended. Pour into pie shell. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours to allow peanut butter mixture to set up.

*I sometimes substitute a chocolate cookie crust and then garnish with shaved chocolate.

I love this recipe for two reasons – it is super easy and quick plus it is a peanut butter lover’s dream pie. Why not whip one up for a mid-week treat?

Happy cooking!
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative